Prior to travelling to Australia, scholarship recipients must:
- meet the minimum English language requirement of their chosen Australian university (usually IELTS of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0)
- at the completion of EAP training, candidates must achieve a minimum score of IELTS 6.0 for Australia Awards Scholarships office to commence the application process for placement in a university program in Australia
- receive a letter of acceptance from an Australian university
- meet Australian immigration requirements for a student visa
- receive Government of Indonesia endorsement
- be medically fit to commence studies in Australia.
In Australia, scholarship recipients must:
- abide by the conditions of the scholarship and the rules of Australian tertiary institutions
- abide by the rules and regulations governing a student visa
- act in a way that will not bring disrepute to Australian Government, or to any Australian university or to Indonesia
- return to Indonesia for a period of two years at the completion of their study/research program in Australia. If during the two years exclusion period the scholarship recipients return to Australia, a debt to the Commonwealth may be activated OR any time spent in Australia may be added to the two year exclusion period. Calculation of the two years exclusion period starts when the scholarships recipients arrive in Indonesia, not the visa expire date.