What do Australia Awards Scholarships cover?
- Pre-Course English – provision of English for Academic Purposes training prior to commencement of studies in Australia (including an in-Indonesia stipend)
- In-Indonesia Stipend for the period from the commencement of Pre-Course English to the date of recipient mobilisation. This does not apply to any deferral period.
- Medical examination and x-ray costs in order to comply with Student Visa requirements
- AusAID Student Visa and Student Dependant Visa
- Outward Airfare (economy- one way) from the airport closest to the recipient’s home location to the international airport closest to the Australian university selected for study by the recipient
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) - recipient only (recipients are required to maintain OSHC for any accompanying family in order to satisfy visa requirements).
- Establishment Allowance payable into the recipient’s bank account after arrival in Australia
- Contribution to Living Expenses (in Australia Stipend) - payment of a fortnightly contribution to living expenses (CLE).
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP) for a period of 4-6 weeks undertaken prior to the commencement of Masters or PhD studies
- Masters OR PhD Tuition Fees – including all compulsory fees for the course in which the recipient is accepted into
- Supplementary Academic Support - provided where it is deemed essential to assist recipients to pass course subjects.
- Fieldwork - holders of a scholarship where research comprises at least 50 percent of the program may receive a return economy class airfare to Indonesia to undertake essential fieldwork.
- Reunion Airfare - is available to a ‘single’ recipient after the successful completion of the first year of study; subsequent reunion airfare entitlements will be available on an annual basis for the duration of the Australia Awards Scholarships, except for the final year of the Australia Awards Scholarships.
- Homeward Airfare (economy- one way) from the international airport closest to the Australian university selected for study by the recipient to the airport closest to the recipient’s home location.